Last week, in Bashkortostan, 35 people died in water bodies; two of them were children. In addition, rescuers are looking for four people. This was announced by the chairman of the State Committee for Emergency Situations RB Farit Gumerov at a briefing session in the government of Bashkortostan on July 20.
“As part of the fight against the growth of water accidents, municipalities, the State Committee, the Ministry of Emergency Situations of the Republic of Bashkortostan, and the internal affairs bodies jointly carried out 3,230 preventive raids and patrols of water bodies: more than 15 thousand people were involved, including almost 3.5 thousand volunteers,” said the head of the department.
He added that four beaches were additionally certified and opened last week.
“In the Volga Federal District, the Republic of Bashkortostan takes the first place in the opening of specially equipped beaches, followed by the Saratov region. The third place with 25 beaches belongs to the Republics of Mari El and Tatarstan,” added Farit Gumerov.
On July 15, in the media center "Russia" at an online press conference on the topic "Safety on the Water Bodies", Deputy Prime Minister of the Government RB Irek Sagitov noted that more than 70 percent of drowned were men.
The causes of water accidents should be considered in a complex, he said. This is an abnormal heat, drinking alcohol, and swimming on undeveloped beaches, and children left without adult supervision.