news Ufa and Bashkortostan in english
-5 °C
All news
20 August 2020, 12:36

Investment Sabantuy in Sibay: there should be many tourist products in regions

There should be a lot of tourist products in the regions, and the price of tours should be dynamic, Natalya Osipova, vice president of the National Union of the Hospitality Industry (OSIG), stated at the Investment Sabantuy-2020 in the Bashkir city of Sibay on Wednesday.
"The formation of a regional tourist product is crucial," she stressed and added that the tour operators who form and sell it now cover 10 percent of the market. The remaining 90 percent of the market is individual travelers.
As the Executive Director, Vice President of OSIG Aleksey Volkov emphasized, active interregional cooperation and interregional projects were essential in this area.
The round table participants are sure that the popularization of domestic tourism will largely be facilitated by cashback for regional tours in Russia.
In their opinion, the coronavirus pandemic has clearly shown that tourism globally affects all sectors of the economy.
"Today, the Russian government pays special attention to domestic tourism. It is necessary to develop the hospitality industry, ecological tourism. These are good opportunities for Bashkiria and the Urals in general. There is a very high potential here," concluded Alexey Volkov.
Meanwhile, according to the chairman of the State Committee for Tourism of Bashkiria, Salavat Nafikov, a real tourist boom is already observed in the republic, "everything has been booked until the end of August".
Today the republic is included in the Top 20 most attractive tourist regions of the country.
According to estimates for 2019, the tourist flow exceeded the level of 2018 and amounted to 2.7 million people. The number of those who are accommodated in hotels and sanatoriums amounted to 1.2 million people. According to this indicator, Bashkiria ranks second in the Volga Federal District and ninth in Russia.
Author:Galina Bakhshieva
Read us at